My Optishot Setup Home Golf
OptiShot Golf Simulator Review
Optishot Review: Optishot Golf Simulator
OptiShot Mat – How To Cut A Mat For OptiShot
my OptiShot Golf simulator
SkyTrak Home Golf Simulator with The Golf Club Software.
Optishot Outside Sun Light Test
Golf Simulator Man Cave
Optishot Miss-hits and Misreads
DIY Indoor Golf Range Simulator
My Personal Review of the Optishot 2 Golf Simulator:
As an avid golfer who lives in New England, I was really itching to play some golf last winter. With snow piled up outside there was no way I was going golfing unless I bought a place ticket to a destination with a warmer climate. So I did the next best thing. I bought the Opti-Shot indoor Golf Simulator.
Let me first say this… Optishot is not a Trackman. Of course trackman costs $20,000 and I’m not rich. So for a few hundred bucks I got a golf simulator I can use right in my living room. (I have high ceilings — if you don’t you may want to set it up in the garage instead.)
Within 15 minutes of taking it out of the box I was hitting balls. Then another 20 minutes later I had the software installed. I even hooked my laptop to my projector so I could hit balls right down the fairway.
If you do not have a projector, that is fine, you can watch the balls fly out on your computer monitor. All in all, I love the Opt-shot since it lets me work on my golf swing in a FUN way with real feedback, during the cold winter months.
A few things I did NOT like were..
1) the loud sound the mat makes when hitting irons. But maybe that’s because I’m a digger and not a sweeper.
2) Not being able to hit real balls instead of the marshmallow type balls which are much safer indoors.
3) my wife yelling at me to stop golfing in the house! Sorry honey, this is too good to pass up.
Here’s what comes with this package:
- The Optishot 2 Golf Simulator Bundle includes…
- OptiShot 2 Infrared Golf Simulator Set
- Extra Swing Pad Replacement Turf
- 15ft Extension USB Cable
- Infrared Optical Swing Pad
- OptiShot Golf 3D Software with 10 foot USB Cable
- Foam Practice Balls and Adjustable Rubber Tees
- Extra 15ft USB Extension Cable
- 1-Year Warranty
- Software Updates and 1-2-3 Startup Guide
Post Update: In the spirit of full disclosure, I’d like to mention that I no longer use or own my Optishot 2 Golf Simulator.
No, not because my wife made me get rid of it. My local club invested in a Trackman and since it is 5 minutes from my house I can play on a more advanced golf simulator / launch monitor.
Optishot filled the need and got the golf monkey off my back though, so if you don’t have an indoor simulator near you, it’s not a bad investment. (That’s if you’re a total golf addict like me!)
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B01FRKUT44